As your postpartum doula, I act in a supportive role during the adjustments experienced throughout the postpartum period for new parents, their family and their infant. I am available as a parent resource and offer support in all aspect of your newborn’s care.
Mother Care includes:
- Emotional Support
- Monitoring Visitation and Taking Calls
- Proper Rest and Guidance
- Overall Observation of Mother’s Health
- Keeping an Informed Watch for Postpartum Depression
- New mommy massage before bedtime
Doula Services include:
- New Mommy Massage Before Bedtime – Head, Neck, & Back
- Breast / Bottle Feeding Support
- Cord and Circumcision Care
- Demonstrate Newborn Care
- Lactation and Breastfeeding Support
- Concierge Shopping & Errand Services
- Baby Shopping
- Meal Preparation (up to 3 times per week)
- Sibling Care
- Accompany Parents to Pediatric Appointments
- Many other services to Assist New Parents
Important Notes on Doula Limitations:
- Doulas are not an authority on all aspects of newborn or mother care
- Doulas are not healthcare professionals
- Doulas are not maids or housecleaners
- Schedules must be a Minimum of 6 Hours
- Minimum of 1 Week
- Out of State: 24/6 with 4 Hr Daily Break – 2, 3 or 4 Week Stay
“We found Valerie’s assistance to be invaluable. She taught us all the basics, from swaddling to bathing and bottle feeding. She is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge that we could access every evening.”
Hospital Postpartum Care
Sometimes there are occasions when a new mother who just gave birth could really use a postpartum doula by her side. Staying with her at the hospital.
She may have other children at home and would prefer their schedules are not interrupted. She may not have relatives or close friends near by to help out and prefer that the spouse/partner to remain home with the children all day and night. Or you’re a single mother and need mothering yourself while in the hospital. Somebody to just be with you, to meet your needs, help you out. The nurses only pop their heads in and help out on occasion. They have many other patients to deal with. You may have a spouse out of state and could not make it back home in time for the birth. Life happens and we have no control over flights, schedules, deadlines, or being stuck somewhere. Whatever the reason, I offer this service to you providing I am available.
Request an Interview
I considerate it an honor to be asked to help you during this very special time in your life. Learn more about how I can help you during your postpartum transition by requesting an interview.